Updated: Apr 16
Well who doesn’t want to eat cake for breakfast, right?
40g blended oat or plain flour
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
1 whisked medium egg
1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon milk (any will do)
1 teaspoon mixed spice or cinnamon
1 small finely grated carrot (use the smaller holes on your grater)
1 small handful of raisins
1 teaspoon shredded coconut (optional)
Vanilla extract to taste
Oil of choice
1. Combine dry ingredients into a mixing bowl (flour of choice, baking powder, mixed spice and shredded coconut)
2. Add the wet ingredients (yoghurt, egg, vanilla extract and milk) and combine.
3. Then fold in the grated carrot and raisins.
4. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken up.
5. Preheat a good non-stick pan on medium heat and thinly coat with oil.
6. Once heated, add the mix to the pan. Using a tablespoon can help split the mixture evenly.
7. Cook 2-3 minutes on either side or cook until they look ready. Then repeat until the batter runs out.
8. Stack your pancakes (aesthetics) and drizzle with yoghurt or peanut butter (I made mine thinner by mixing with milk 😏).
You could also toy around with adding protein powder too, I bet vanilla would be amazing 🤤